Saturday, June 26, 2010

Birthday Parties Galore!!!

With multiple children, it is not uncommon for us to have to juggle them around more than one birthday party on any given Saturday.  Today, my oldest daughter and oldest son both have birthday parties to go to at the SAME time.  Thankfully, my husband will tote the boys and I will hang with the girls.  Here is what I came up with for the gifts...

My daughter's friend got an American Girl doll for Christmas, so to add to all the "Hello Kitty" goodies that we got her, I whipped up this cute little doll outfit.  The top is a "pillowcase" style and is very simple to make and really doesn't require an actual "pattern."  The skirt is a wrap skirt and can be reversible.  There is a free pattern for it found here.



It was so quick and easy, that I made one for my daughter's doll too.  1/4 yard of each fabric choice will make two skirts.  Hannah liked the shirt tucked in, but it is equally cute untucked.  (I NEED a better camera!!!)



Aidan's little friend is turning four, and he is having a pool party.  To go along with the water toys we got him, I made him a hooded towel.  My children are certainly enjoying theirs, and I hope Johnny will love his too!



Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. it is a very cute stuf you make, this inpier me for new projects , thank you for sharing

    Nelda
    multiculturalcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit you from new friends on Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter would LOVE those AG clothes! Thanks for sharing! Following from Meet & Greet Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! Following from Meet & Greet Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so creative! And they turned out adorably.

    I'm a new follower from Meet & Greet Monday.
    I hope you'll come check me out at PS Mom Reviews and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you. Such cuties! I hope you do make the skirts. My friend Barb made 5 last week and came over and showed me one she made for a teeny tiny one. They are so quick, about 1 hour to make. Have fun. Looks like you do a lot of fun sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great idea, I love it!

    I'm a new follower :)

    ~Victoria
    http://ourlifewithjake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! New follower from Friendly Friday - love your blog! I hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am your new follower. Great blog you have here. Come visit me at http://showmemama.blogspot.com

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HEllo! GREAT blog! I found you on the Friday Blog Hop. I am now a follower. I hope you will stop by my blog www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com I look forward to reading more from you! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. With the hooded towl, I take it you have an embroidery machine? what kind do you have, if you don't mind me asking? do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do have an embroidery machine, and I use it all the time. I have a Viking Designer Diamond, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Pinterest

Pin It