Sunday, January 15, 2012

Freezer Paper in the Printer?!

I love coming across a new tip or trick that makes life a little easier.  I remember how excited I was when I found out that freezer paper makes great pattern tracing paper because you can iron it directly onto your fabric.  I was ecstatic when I realized that I could put the freezer paper in my printer!  Yep!  It works!  You can actually print out your patterns right from your computer files to your freezer paper.  I don't recommend it for a pattern that you don't intend to use more than once or twice, but if you will be using a particular pattern frequently, then this little trick is for you!

I could have sworn that I took a picture of the first step, but I cannot find it.  Basically, I took a piece of freezer paper (I used Reynold's freezer paper) and cut it out so that it was the same size as a piece of card stock paper.  Lightly tape it to your card stock before putting it in your printer.  This will help to guide it through your printer.  Just print your pattern pieces just like you normally would.  After you print the pages you need, untape the freezer paper from the card stock.  Save the card stock to be reused again!  Cut out and tape your pattern pieces together.



Here's the part I love... Iron your pattern pieces directly to your fabric.  You will not have to do any pinning!  Just cut your pattern out.



You can then peel off the freezer paper pattern and it can be reused many times just by ironing it back on to your next piece of fabric!  How cool is that?!




I really dislike pinning, so I loved how easy it was to just cut around the pattern!  If you have a time saving trick that you love...please share!  I'd love to hear it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Pinterest

Pin It