Monday, July 11, 2011

"Sew Baby" Pattern Review


With summer break, dance team, karate, and swimming, I haven't had much time for sewing.  It seems like we are always headed out the door!  However, there are times when I need some time by myself to just...sew!  The project I chose was an adorable wrap dress and bloomers pattern by "Sew Baby."  There are many versions of this pattern, and I have most of them, but I decided to give this one a try first.  It is reversible, so you do get two dresses for the time it takes to make one...can't beat that!

Using some fabric from my stash, I chose the 12-18 month size for my 16 month old baby girl.


You can see the reverse side in this picture.


Isabella is small, but I do think that the dress portion of the pattern ran large.  The bloomers were fine.  I didn't really like how large the armholes were on her, so if I used this pattern again, I would definitely make the 9-12 month size for her.


Silly girl!  This is her favorite pose!


This was supposed to be a knee-length dress, so you can see that it is definitely too large for her!


Paired with a onesie, the dress looks better...more like a jumper.  It will at least allow her to wear it modestly this year, and there is nothing wrong with getting two years out of one of Mommy's creations! 


Isabella is constantly on the move, so this is another action shot!



This pattern is super easy to follow (only one pattern piece), and I really love how the derss is full and "swingy!"  Most wrap dresses are not as full.  This one crosses in the back, but it isn't really an "open-back" style.  The bloomers do not show like they do in other versions of this dress.  Although large on her, it is wearable, and I have finally warmed up the sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Pinterest

Pin It