Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

We have had crazy weather here..major flooding, and I do mean major!  Thankfully, our home was not affected, but all around us suffered damage.  We were stuck at home for a few days, and even now, some of my favorite shopping places are underwater.  One good thing about cloudy, gloomy days is that I am more apt to do something crafty inside.  SWAK Embroidery sent this idea in a newsletter last year, and I thought it was cute but I couldn't get any cans in time for Teacher Appreciation Day.  This year I was ready!

Here are some cute, easy planters made out of large veggie cans (Coffee cans were suggested, but now they don't come with a peel-off label.). 


All you have to do is embroider a design of your choice onto a scrap of fabric, cut it out with pinking shears, and glue it onto the can.  I filled them with Gerbera daisies.  Very simple, and very cute!  I am going to attach little notes that say, "Thanks for Helping Me Grow" on them.

This one is for Aidan's preschool teacher...


...and this one is for Hannah's teacher...



I hope they like them!  I may have to make one for our porch...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Pinterest

Pin It