Monday, November 22, 2010

This and That

I know it has been ages since I've sat down and written a blog post, but November is "Birthday Month" at my house.  My two sons and my husband all have birthdays this month...and we are getting a wee bit tired of birthday cake!  I have been creating...not as much as I would like to be, but I have been in my craft room nonetheless.

I create sewing lists for myself (not that I get to all of it), but it at least helps to put all these ideas running through my head on a tangible list.  A shopping cart cover for my baby girl has been at the top of that list for quite a while, so I felt relieved to finally be able to cross that off the list!  I shudder to think what wretched germs are on the handle of a shopping cart, and I do have a baby that likes to put her mouth on everything...eeww!

I tried to be discreet when taking a picture of my baby in the middle of Target, so I wheeled her into the card aisle!  I think she likes her new comfy ride!  I'd like it to...It is a Kwik Sew pattern, and it has a thick layer of quilt batting sandwiched in between the pink polka dot fabric and the lime green gingham.


This outdoor shot did not turn out so hot, but people were looking at me like I was a weirdo!  Afterall, I was taking a picture of a Target shopping cart!


I've also been busy making school spirit shirts for some Elementary teachers that wanted something a little different than the cheapo shirts that the school gives out.

 

And, last but not least, I have some European market totes that needed sprucing up.  I sold the "Boutique" market tote that I shared in an earlier post, as well as the black one with the French dot monogramming.  I found this cute ribbon at JoAnn's, and I thought it would look great on my brown tote.  This ribbon is a little wider than what I normally use, but I still thought it looked pretty...



Eventually, I will get started on the Christmas sewing... YIKES!  I get so stressed when someone tells me exactly how many days until Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. cute crafy stuff. I love how your kitchen remodel turned out.
    Saw your comment on another blog and wanted to check it out.
    https://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Pinterest

Pin It