Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Who Knew?!

Who knew you could make bread without kneading it?! Now, that I know it is possible to make bread without having to do much more than mix the ingredients, I will be making it more often!

I found this cookbook on Amazon.com, and I thought I would give it a try. The "No Kneading" method of making bread actually works! The name of the book is Kneadlessly Simple by Nancy Baggett, and it is full of a huge variety of bread recipes...all of which do not require kneading. I started with the most basic...white bread. Here is a picture of the dough after its "first rise." I then plopped it into two bread pans and let it rise a second time.




Here they are after baking, and I did it without a bread machine. :)

I believe that there is a sample recipe on Nancy Baggett's website. She also has a blog called Nancy Bagget's Kitchenlane, and I have it listed on my blogroll. Go bake some bread! You will love the way your house smells while it is baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

Pinterest

Pin It